Purpose Guides Institute Presents:
Invite your friends and family to explore Michael's powerful teachings with you.
Meaning is essential to the human soul and the current loss of meaning and denial of truth imperils the heart and soul of human culture. This is an event about the necessity of meaning and making soul at a time when the world seems to be losing its soul. Using ancient stories and compelling insights, Michael Meade shows how soul can be recovered and people can learn to “live in truth.” Living in truth involves the vitality of the soul, the core powers of imagination, and the ancient inheritance of humanity.
“There’s an African proverb: ‘When death finds you, may it find you alive.’ Alive means living your own damned life, not the life that your parents wanted, or the life some cultural group or political party wanted, but the life that your own soul wants to live.”
— Michael Meade
In this special 75-minute event you’ll:
- Discover the connection between loss of soul and the loss of meaning in modern life.
- Explore how meaning is essential to the human soul.
- Listen to ancient stories that describe how soul can be recovered.
- Sharing dramatic episodes from his own life, he’ll show us how soul tries to awaken at critical times.
- Hear about the upcoming two-session Book Club which Michael Meade which he will personally host on Thursday March 14 & 28 at 5:30pm PST. We’ll be discussing Michael's newest book, Awakening The Soul: A Deep Response to a Troubled World.
Praise for Michael Meade
“Michael Meade is magic. Unlike anyone else one is likely to encounter, Michael Meade is one of the greatest living teachers of our time.”
— Alice Walker
“Michael Meade is a genius in his winding through mythological themes”
— Robert Bly
“Michael Meade is one of our most brilliant and visionary teachers.”
— Jack Kornfield
“Michael is a great elder in our tribe...his genius is a generous gift to us all”
— Coleman Barks
About Michael Meade
Michael Meade, is a renowned storyteller, author, and scholar of mythology, anthropology, and psychology. He combines hypnotic and fiery storytelling, street savvy perceptiveness, and spellbinding interpretations of ancient myths. His ability to tap into ancestral sources of wisdom to help people of today heal their communities has inspired thousands of people throughout the world. Michael is also the founder of Mosaic Multicultural Foundation, author of numerous books including of The Genius Myth, and Fate And Destiny.
* ”Mythopoetic identity” is a phrase coined by Bill Plotkin and Geneen Marie Haugen to refer to the way a human comes to consciously understand their soul, namely through metaphor.”